Tips & Tricks for Success At Club
- Show up on time! Try to stay until all dogs have been trained. You can learn a lot from other handler's work!
- To be successful, show up to training regularly. Twice a week is ideal, but aim to make it out at least once a week.
- Potty your dog before every training session. The Sandhills potty area is the back corner of the lot. Pick up poop immediately! There is a trash can for bags, or you may scoop and place the poop over the fence in the corn field.
- If your dog pees on the training field, you owe the club a six pack. Poop will cost you a twelve pack.
- All dogs must be leashed in the parking area.
- Dogs must be in a crate to come to training.
- This is a team sport! Work together as a group to get things done - be a spotter or a group member, help set up and tear down the field, get sleeves ready for protection, hold a line if you are able, etc.
- Pay attention when others are training. You might be asked to do the same thing that another team was doing.
- Ask questions! Anytime you don't understand something, even if it is not your dog, ask! Ask other club members during sessions or you can ask Julio or the helpers in between or after sessions.
- Be open to help and criticism! There are a lot of talented handlers in our club. Listen thoughtfully and ask for clarification if you need it. We're all here to help and we don't want you to struggle through the same mistakes we have made in the past!